Funky Door works with professional and certified massage therapists who offer an array of massages types and specialties. From Swedish & Deep tissue to Hot Stone & Lomi Lomi we are sure you will find a therapist and style to match your specific needs. We offer massage from 30 minutes all the way up to 2 hours. Please call (510-204-9642) or ask our friendly front desk staff to book a massage.
Meet Our Therapists
- Diane Weingart- Diane received her certificates in Integrative Rebirthing and Radiance Breath work in the late 80’s. She went on to specialize in Advance Deep Tissue Sports Therapy and Soft Tissue Release (STR) sport massage, eventually becoming a state certified STR sport massage instructor. She worked for two years as the therapist for UC Berkeley’s Men’s Olympic Sprint Team and since 2003 she has been working in Equine Massage therapy for Zeitgeist Equestrian working on Olympic horses. Diane also does massage therapy at the Claremont Resort in Berkeley. She specializes in Deep tissue, sports massage and soft tissue release. She also does massage with Therapeutic Back lights, which help stimulate and regenerate back cells.
- Jenn Smee- Jen studied massage therapy at the International Professional school of Bodywork as well as the Monterey Institute of Touch. She has been practicing massage therapy in both spa and private settings for six years. Jenn specializes in Deep tissue, myofascial release, Thai massage, Prenatal massage, reflexology, trigger point release and Lomi Lomi.
- Kinya Harrel- Kinya has been practicing massage since 2003 and believes it to be healing mentally, physically and emotionally. Her goal is to provide a relaxing and rejuvenating experience, using intuition as her guide. Kinya specializes in Integrative massage, Swedish, Aromatherapy and Hot Stone massage.
- Charlene Rivera- Charlene graduated from the National Holistic Institute and Teaching Clinic (NHI). She holds the title: Massage Therapist and Health Educator. With each massage, special methods are implemented to restore the body into relaxation. Modalities such as Swedish, Shiatsu, Prenatal, Deep Tissue, Sports, Foot Reflexology massage and Professional Bodywork Strategies (PBS) to increase the range of motion are tailored for each session. As a Health Educator, comprehensive techniques are applied from training with “Clinical Massage Therapy” which is the use of manual manipulation of the soft tissues to relieve specific complaints of pain and dysfunction. Other specialties include a ‘protocol massage’ that aids clients who maybe going through any stage of cancer whether active, in remission or in treatment. These techniques are from the courses People living with Cancer™ and Oncology Massage 1 blending East and West™ by instructor Isabel Adkins, taken from the Massage Therapy Institute. The system is designed to ensure a safe application, combining acupressure and reflexology skills providing a relaxing massage with light touch. Charlene encourages all forms of health and will customize your session to accommodate the individual need for wellness towards peace in spirit, mind and body.
- Calvaleigh Rasmussen- of Berkeley, California is a Certified Massage Therapist. Having studied at McKinnon Institute in Oakland, she is trained in Swedish massage, Shiatsu, and Acupressure. She works by combining these three into an effective, and healing experience. Calvaleigh greatly enjoys the challenge of working a wide variety of bodies and tailoring techniques to fit your unique needs. She understands that every body has different limitations, and it is her goal to work within those limitations, helping each body to grow and flourish. She is a great believer in massage–not only for relaxation, but as a way of maintaining the active body for a happier, and healthier life.