As a pregnant woman, you are part of the most beautiful miracle of the cycle of life. Here at Funky Door Yoga, we want to make sure you and your baby are well taken care of. Yoga can be a wonderful and healthy part of your pregnancy and, done right, is a wonderful gift to both you and your baby. But it must be done carefully and with special considerations. Here are our policies on taking classes at Funky Door while pregnant.
- On the advice of many doctors (and lawyers!), we cannot allow you to practice in the studio during your 1st trimester under any circumstances.
- In order to practice here at the studio after the 1st trimester, you will need to have a doctor’s note stating that it is safe for you to practice Bikram yoga.
- After the 1st trimester, we recommend following Rajashree’s Pregnancy Yoga variations.
- After the 1st trimester, you can continue as long as you are comfortable.
- Your practice in the studio during your pregnancy is entirely at your own discretion.
- If you are a regular Bikram Yoga practitioner for more than a year, you can continue your practice with Rajashree’s Pregnancy Yoga.
- If you are considered a high risk pregnancy, please follow your doctor’s advice carefully.
We will be happy to help you in whatever way we can to make yoga a part of your healthy, happy pregnancy.